Wednesday 24 October 2012

Betty Wells Showreel



I believe a showreel is now very important in this industry. There have been several occasions where I have been unable to attend auditions and having a showreel has enabled the employer to view my dance styles and image. One of the best contracts I ever had was cast purely from my showreel. 

Here is the showreel I made myself using iMovie. It took a long time and a lot of work but I'm pleased with the final piece. It was great to learn how to use new tools and develop my computer skills.


I decided to keep it short and therefore interesting to watch. Many employers do not have time to watch a full 10 minutes and I wanted to leave them wanting more rather than being bored.


I chose to include all aspects of dance to demonstrate my versatility. I also feel it is important for employers to see how a dancer interprets different styles of music. I made sure my singing styles were contrasting, although I still feel it's missing an upbeat rocky / pop song. 


I would really appreciate any comments or criticism. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks...Betty x  

No comments:

Post a Comment